2007年4月27日金曜日

Paragraph: My Most Meaningful Experience

What I learned in Australia
One meaningful experience that has educated me is a course of English in Australia when I was in the 10th grade. I studied English on a home-stay visit to Australia and went to school with host family. There in Australia, I learned the importance of English in communication, the difference of culture and their view of thinking. Now I’m going to tell you about these three things above more specific.
First, the students there was not only from Australia but also from many countries; New Zealand, France, China, Africa and so on. I was really impressed to know that they can communicate with each other despite of the difference of their mother tongue. It means with the English skill of speaking, I can communicate with many more people than I can now. Therefore I leaned the importance of English in communication.
Second, I felt their sunny personality. Especially the Japanese people is said to be shy. And I agree with this opinion (not in every aspect). On the other hand, they responded brightly when I talked to someone even who I don’t know about. From this scene we can understand that they are very friendly and sociable. Therefore I learned the difference of culture.
At last, as to their view of thinking, I can’t explain easily. It is difficult to put what I felt there in word. Somehow I felt the difference of view of thinking compared to mine. That is why I learned their view of thinking.

tommy

0 件のコメント: